Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New Job

Hello, fellow teachers and readers that have been oh-so-neglected.

Teaching, clearly, left little time for blogging. But -- also -- I had a difficult time summing up my teaching experiences in words. They were always too wonderful, horrible, exciting, or boring for words. Don't you just love the profession?

But, between now and student teaching I graduated! I interviewed in a few places and was finally hired.
Needless to say I am thankful, excited, and nervous. So. I am soliciting any advice for the first days of school.

What do you think I need to establish on those first five days? What do I need to let my students know? What do they need to experience? As a beginning teacher, I am taking in all advice (evaluating it carefully, of course...) and building up my game-plan. I would so appreciate your contribution. Even if you are not a teacher, what do you think teachers need to work on with their students on the first days of school?

I'm teaching freshman English and junior American Studies (American Literature with the American History teacher).

Hope to see some comments on here! Thanks, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Pick up the first days of school by Harry Wong. It helped me so much last year. I know I would have been lost with out it.

    - Kelsey

    Can't wait to hear how everything goes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a copy. I've read sections out of it, and am looking forward to some rereading and getting to the other sections.

    Great advice!

    ReplyDelete