Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Guess What? I am Inconsistent!

What happens when a student teacher loses her CT to illness?

She doesn't post on her blog.

Honestly, though... I could never blame my lack of writing on my CT falling ill. Student teaching itself is a road block to free-time writing. Free time PERIOD.

But, yes... My CT had to undergo two intense surgeries and is only now feeling better. He will be out the rest of the year, I believe.

On one hand, I am certainly having a more realistic experience. On the other, classroom management disasters make me want to crawl under my desk from time to time.

Mostly, I have just been very worried for my CT. He is a wonderful teacher, and the community needs teachers like him. After all, he's not only my mentor, but a friend.

Overall? I love it. I absolutely picked the right profession. Am I a great at it? HA. Certainly not. But, I am learning everyday. Who WOULDN'T want a job where that is the case?

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! That's too bad that you lost your CT. Will there be a sub in there the rest of the year? When is your last day of student teaching? And what day do you graduate?! When I make it back to Rockford we will have to get together and chat. I can't wait to hear about all of your experiences and your job hunt. Good luck! Although I know you don't need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too bad, because he is an amazing teacher. However, I am really glad that he took time off to heal. He's too great of a teacher to not come back next year. The sub I am working with will be there for the rest of the year. We are working well together, though. We are actually starting a co-taught unit on Monday! He graduated in Josh's class last year; they know each other, which is kind of funny!
    My last official day of student teaching is May 20, but I am staying on until June 1 when my kiddos graduate. I am the speech coach for one of the students giving a graduation speech, so I can't really leave. I don't want to anyway! Haha.

    Can't wait to have teacher talk with you soon!

    ReplyDelete