Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Lack of Content Here...

...is a testament to how busy student teaching is, I suppose.

I apologize to any readers here for my absence. Hopefully I will be better about keeping you updated.

Monday is my first official day of student teaching, although I have been going in everyday of February. I am glad I did this, because I can tell employers that I attended my school for a whole semester. Also, it has made my life a lot easier in that I have learned all of my students' names, I feel comfortable (mostly) teaching in front of them, telling them "no, you cannot go to the bathroom again" or "didn't I just let you get a drink of water?", and interacting with them regarding their papers, their grades, and other things.

Just the other day I had to tell one of my students he was getting an F in literature. This was really hard, because I really like this student. He's a really nice kid, and his home life is kind of windy. But, I felt comfortable enough as a teacher to talk with him about it and start making a plan to help him as the new trimester starts.

That's one of my goals, to send this kid on to high school with a passing grade. Hope I can do it!

Again, sorry for the non-existant reflecting and posting. Everyday has been a day of learning something new and trying new things. For instance, this weekend, I am learning to write a ballad since I start teaching students how to write them on Monday. Egads! I am certainly no poet, but I feel strange asking my students to do something I won't or have not done.

Anyway, stay tuned. Hope I didn't lose any of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment